TVB 42nd Anniversary Nominees


TVB Best Actor Award

My thoughts:
It is highly expected that Wayne Lai would get the Best Actor Award judging from the overwhelming response from HK where he acted as "Chai Jiu" in Rosy Business. The next most possible to get that award would be Gallen, Ray and Dayo. Quite disappointed for Raymond not to be in the nomination list but then again, he has not acted in any show for this year since he is preparing for his music concert.


TVB Best Actress Award

My thoughts:
It is so obvious that Sheren Tang would be claiming the award. She's even more popular than Wayne in Rosy Business. I felt happy that Tavia is nominated. Is this her 1st time? Another actress that I felt acted well is Ada from The Gem of Life. I am currently watching The Gem of Life and felt that her acting skills deserve some commendations. Unfortunately, I expect most people have forgotten about The Gem of Life since so many grand productions like Beyond the Realm of Conscience, Born Rich and Rosy business receives greater applause.


Best Supporting Actor Award

My thoughts:
I am very sure that this award goes to Michael from E.U. His character in the show as "Laughing Gor" has created an uproar in HK requesting to revive his character. Furthermore, there's a movie specially dedicated to Laughing Gor called "Turning Point". Who else would it be if it is not him? I strongly supported Ron Ng in Rosy Business but he just didn't have the affinity with the award.


Best Supporting Actress Award

My thoughts:
It will definitely be someone from the middle-age group. Since I have not watch Beyond the realm of conscience, I will just make a wild guess that either "The evil 1st wife" from Rosy business (have greater chance) or Susanna or Michelle would claim the title. I know that Joyce Tang wouldn't get the award but I really like her would like to emphasize that her acting skills did improve over the years. Keep it up!, Joyce.


Best Character Actor Award

My thoughts:
It's a bit tricky. Either Michael Tse would get 2 awards considering he claim the Best Supporting Male Actor Award or Dayo would get this award. I have no personal preference regarding this award category.


Best Character Actress Award

My thoughts:
It's seem unfair that Charmaine has two roles nominated in this award category. I really dislike the idea that she would get the award. I feel that TVB is reluctant to give Sheren this award since they have "unwillingly" given her the Best Actress Award. Hope that Tavia or any one from Born Rich can get this award. There's a slight chance that Ada may get the award.

*Pls feel free to comment and make guesses on who will claim the awards. I noted that Raymond is not in the nomination list for TVB.com popularity award. Any idea why? or he had already taken the award last year?*

Just TVB

Hello, glad that you enjoyed reading the post. Don't forget to also support our instagram at @newjustvb

2 comments:

  1. I am certainly hoping Michael Tse gets two awards. He is well-deserving of both of them and it would only be right given his contributions this past year with his movie having performed decently at the box office and bringing "face" to TVB and Shaw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really surprised that Ron Ng wasn't nominated for Best Actor nor for Most Favorite Actor in his role in E.U. I think he should get at least nominated...

    ReplyDelete