TVB 51st Anniversary Nominees


Oh my! It has been sooo long since the nomination list is out. Pardon me for the late post. >_<

TVB Best Actor



My thoughts:
Veteran acor Lau Kong deserves a thumbs up for his performance in The Forgotten Valley. Also support Joe Ma for his performance as the paramedic senior in Life on the Line. Kind of sad that Kenneth Ma didn't manage to win Best Actor last year for The Exorcist's Meter, wonder which year will be his year. During the TVB 51th Anniversary Gala, Benjamin Yuen won Best Actor for the Singapore and Malaysia region for his performance in The Stealing Seconds. I have selected the Top 5 to win Best Actor, please vote if it's your personal favourites as well. ^_^


TVB Best Actress Award


My thoughts:
Seems like TVB is running out of actress to fill up the 20 positions. Mandy Wong FTW! Been supporting her since her days in L'Escargot Year 2012. The logic is if Natalie can won Best Actress last year, nothing is impossible. I have also shortlisted the Top 5 to win Best Actress, please vote if it's your personal favourites as well. ^_^


TVB Best Supporting Actor Award


My thoughts: 
Personally support Willie Lai in Life on the Line. His character in Life on the Line left deep impressions in many, be positive and be happy.

TVB Best Supporting Actress Award


My thoughts: 
Heard that Mandy Lam receives good response in her acting in Come Home Love. Didn't got the time to watch the sitcom, good luck to her! For non-sitecom, I would personally support Zoie Tam in The Forgotten Valley, her acting is great in that drama.

TVB Best Male Character Award


My thoughts: 
Support Carlos Chan in Daddy Cool for best male tv character award. His portrayal as a grandfather to Wayne Lai is likable and not dull at all and the interaction between him, Wayne Lai and David Chiang is interesting to watch.

TVB Best Female Character Award


My thoughts:
I won't mind a double win for Mandy Wong. haha. Another potential one is Ali Lee in Who Wants a Baby?, I don't really like her in that drama, she shouts a lot at Chris Lai in the beginning episodes till I am on the verge to switch off the TV. Grace Wong character as Ophelia in OMG, Your Honour is a complicated mix, wouldn't say it is likable by the majority unless the audience sympathies with her character.

TVB Best Male Improvement Award


My thoughts: 
Support both Matthew Ho and Hubert Wu equally. haha

TVB Best Female Improvement Award


My thoughts:
No preference to any but I secretly hope that they don't give the award to Louisa Mak (like in Grace Chan's case), seems like TVB is trying to promote her by putting all the weak ones on the nomination list. Haiz why is Zoie Tam and Sisley Choi not in the list, both are in the list for previous years and have not won it yet. Last year Best Male Improvement award winner Mat Yeung has been with the company for at least a decade.

TVB Best Drama Award


My thoughts:
The prediction is super easy when you have analytics to take a look at a glance (for more analytics analysis, please refer to this link), to put a disclaimer, sometimes best drama can be a management decision, more of human factor. The top viewership for year 2018 is Deep in the Realm of Conscience and Life on the Line. Personal favourite is Life on the Line, a more meaningful and food for thoughts drama.


Just TVB

Hello, glad that you enjoyed reading the post. Don't forget to also support our instagram at @newjustvb

No comments:

Post a Comment